MTB pro Paul Serra knows his way around a kitchen and what type of fuel helps him feel and perform his best. Below is his recipe for Rapid Recovery Power Balls using Osmo Rapid Recovery in chocolate flavor combined with nutritious sources of carbs, protein, fiber and caffeine. These are best consumed before or after a workout to provide fuel sources and valuable post-workout protein for maximum muscle repair and recovery.
- 100g dates (about 14)
- 160g Old Fashioned Oats
- 2tbs Chia Seeds
- 2tbs hemp hearts
- 40g Espresso (about 4 tbs)
- 3 scoops Chocolate Osmo Rapid Recovery
- Soak dates in hot water for about 10min
- In a blender or food processor, blend the oats, chia, and hemp hearts until you get a fine powder. Place in a separate bowl
- Add the Osmo Rapid Recovery powder to the bowl.
- Drain the dates and place them in the mixer with the espresso. Mix until you get a thick date/espresso paste.
- Transfer to the mixing bowl with the dry ingredients and fold in with a spatula. Once you get a thick ball, leave it to dry for 10min while you clean up (this will help form the balls later on)
- Divide the mix in 10 and roll into balls with your hands.
I’ve noticed the mixture feels quite sticky at first, but that is just due to the hot espresso, hot dates, and working the mixture. Leaving it out to dry and cool down for 10 min before cutting into separate balls helps.